Cookie Skillets with Chef Adam
We’re back for another Phoenix Flavors video, this time with our Pastry Chef Adam Neill! He’s showing us how to make a delicious cookie dough, and then we’re making a fun cookie skillet for the whole family!
- 16 Tablespoons (2 sticks) 8 ounces Butter Unsalted, room temperature
- ¾ Cup 1 Tablespoon, or 6.4 ounces Sugar
- ¾ Cup 1 Tablespoon, or 6.4 ounces Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 ¾ Cup 2 Tablespoons or 14.4 ounces All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1.5 teaspoons Salt
- 3 Cups Mix-ins (chocolate chips, candy etc.)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment on medium speed, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy for approximately 3 minutes.
- Stop the mixer, scrape the sides and paddle with a rubber spatula, mix again for one minute. Add the egg, mix on medium speed until combined, 1 minute. Stop the mixer, scrape the bowl and paddle with spatula, add vanilla, and mix again for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Use a whisk to combine the dry ingredients together.
- Add all of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, on low speed, mix until flour is absorbed.
- If using, fold in mix-ins.
- Portion the cookie dough. If baking into skillets, divide dough in half, and bake for approximately 15 minutes until golden on the edges.
- If baking cookies, portion the cookie dough into ¼ Cup scoops, press down slightly to flatten to 1/2” thickness. Bake approximately 8 minutes until golden on the edges and slight cracking towards the center.
- Cool on a rack.