Sign Up. Chow Down! Get Your Spring Meal Plan Today!
Click here to sign up or change meal plans!
Eating Made Easy! Ultimate value, convenience and flexibility!
- Come & go as much as you like! All Access Meal Plans give you access to all residential dining halls. This includes multiple visits throughout the day for meals, snacks or even just to sit with friends - not just for big eaters! It's like having mom's kitchen right outside your residence hall (or classroom). Grab what you want, when you want it or just go to socialize.
- Full, continuous service at Colonnades Dining Hall (get a full meal anytime Monday - Friday between 7am & 8pm)
- Late night at McEwen Dining Hall on Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays (11pm - 3am)
- With our to-go container program, you will be able to take out your meal from any of the residential dining halls to accommodate your busy schedule! Fill up a to-go container for only 1 meal swipe!
- Combo Meal Exchanges available in all campus retail locations.
- No meal periods or time zones.
All Access Meal Plans*
The ALL ACCESS portion of the All Access Meal Plans can be used for unlimited visits to our “all-you-care-to-eat” facilities: Upstairs McEwen, Upstairs Colonnades and Lakeside Dining Hall. Multiple visits may be made throughout the day for meals, snacks or just to sit with friends. Please allow 15-minutes between each meal swipe.
The MEAL EXCHANGE portion of the All Access + 14 and All Access + 7 meal plans may be used at Qdoba Mexican Grill, Winter Garden Cafe, Fountain Market (Croutons & Boar's Head), Java City at KBC, Varsity Sports Grill, Acorn Coffee Shop, or Chick-fil-A to purchase a predetermined retail combo meal, called a Meal Exchange. A typical Meal Exchange includes an entrée, one side and a fountain drink. The All Access + 14 meal plan includes 14 Meal Exchanges per week and the All Access +7 meal plan includes 7 Meal Exchanges per week. Students on the All Access + 14 and All Access + 7 meal plans will receive their allotment of Meal Exchanges on Wednesday morning. Unused Meal Exchanges do not rollover and will expire Tuesday night. Meal Exchanges are not included with the All Access Basic plan.
The GUEST MEAL portion of the All Access Meal Plans can be used to treat a guest to a meal at any campus dining facility. Or use a guest meal on yourself if you run out of your weekly Meal Exchanges!
The MEAL DOLLARS associated with each plan can be used at any campus dining facility working on the same principle as a debit card. Each time you make a purchase, the total is subtracted from the balance in your account. They are convenient to use in between meals and at our residential restaurants or retail locations.
PLEASE NOTE: The NC legislature, as many other state legislatures have been doing over the last few years, has made a series of tax law changes. Among these was a change described below by the NC Department of Revenue:
Session Law 2013-316 signed into law August 23, 2013 by the Governor, repeals the exemption in G.S. 105-164.13(27) effective January 1, 2014. General Statute 105-164.13(27) provides an exemption for the sale at retail and the use, storage, or consumption in this State of "[p]repared food and food served to students in dining rooms regularly operated by State or private educational institutions or student organizations thereof." As a result of the repeal of the exemption, sales of prepared food and food served to students in dining rooms by institutions of higher education are subject to tax effective January 1, 2014.
The sales prices of student meal plans for the fall 2014 semester have been adjusted in order to accommodate sales tax due.
The adjusted fall meal plan prices are in the All-Access & Block Meal Plan charts below. To review some frequently asked questions about this change in legislature or meal plans please click here.
|Meal Plan||Benefits||Annual Meal Dollars||Spring '15 Price|
|All Access + 14||Unlimited visits to all dining halls
14 Meal Exchanges per week*
30 FREE guest meals per year
($170 fall, $60 winter,
|All Access + 7*||Unlimited visits to all dining halls
7 Meal Exchanges per week*
20 FREE guest meals per year
($170 fall, $60 winter,
|All Access Basic**||Unlimited visits to all dining halls
10 FREE guest meals per year
($65 fall, $20 winter,
*Most popular Freshmen and Sophomore meal plan
**Meal Plan you are defaulted if you do not select a plan. This is also the plan that is factored into tuition cost.
Block Meal Plans*
The BLOCK MEAL portion of the 300 Block and 200 Block plans can be used at any “all-you-care-to-eat” facillity or any campus retail location. A typical Meal Exchange combo meal includes an entrée, one side and a fountain drink or filtered water.
Block Meal Plans are annual contracts. Students pay for half of the block plan in the fall and the remaining half in the spring. Students will receive one-half of their Block Meal in the fall and the remaining half in the spring. Block Meals carry over from Fall semester to Winter semester and Winter semester to Spring semester.
|Meal Plan||Benefits||Annual Meal Dollars||Annual Price|
|300 Block Plan||
300 Meals per Year
200 Meals per Year
($1,374 for fall/winter,
$1,374 for spring)
*Meal Plan Requirements
- Freshmen: - Required to have the All Access + 14, All Access + 7 or All Access Basic meal plan in all residence halls.
- Sophomores: - Required to have at least the All-Access Basic Meal Plan in all residence halls and Greek houses. Students living in University apartments, Newman Center and Trollinger House must select at least the 300 Block Meal Plan.
- Juniors: - Required to have at least the All-Access Basic Meal Plan in all residence halls. Students in Danieley K, the Colonnades, Greek houses, Global Village, and Academic Village must select at least the 300 Block Meal Plan. Students in apartments are encouraged to select a Meal Plan.
- Seniors: – Required to have at least the All-Access Basic Meal Plan in all residence halls. Students in Danieley K, the Colonnades, Greek houses, Global Village, and Academic Village must select at least the 300 Block Meal Plan. Students in apartments are encouraged to select a Meal Plan.
Students living off campus and non-mandatory juniors and seniors in university apartments are encouraged to select a meal plan. The 200 Block Meal Plan is only available students living off campus and non-mandatory junior and senior university apartment residents.